Dear Sybreed fans and friends . . .

Dear all,

This is the most difficult and worst announcement that we’ve ever had to make, and we were not expecting to have to but, unfortunately, we do not have the choice… So here it goes:

One month ago, it’s with great sadness that Benjamin had to inform us that, because of reasons beyond his control, he won’t be able to participate in the upcoming tours scheduled. He consequently, after a lengthy period of reflections, decided to leave Sybreed, for professional and personal matters.

On the rest of the band’s side, we have therefore chosen to cancel all our upcoming engagements, which include our participation to the Soilwork tour, considering that replacing Ben on such a short notice is out of the question, not only because it verges on the impossible, but mainly because we don’t want to. He is now and always will remain an important part of Sybreed’s identity, as well as one it’s founders. So we will take some time off to focus on our other projects, and in time we’ll see where we stand.

We would like to thank Benjamin with a warm heart for those great years spent with him as Sybreed’s singer, but also as a true friend.

We are all very sad about this unexpected situation and still shocked, but it is what it is and nobody is to blame, just a mix of very sad and unexpected circumstances.

We also would like to apologize to the bands and the staff involved in the Infinity Tour, and to our fans who expected to see us on stage on the upcoming days. We feel really awful canceling on such short notice.

And most of all, we would also like to thank all the people we worked with and all the fans that supported us in the past ten years, we are very lucky to have you and will never forget.

See you, hopefully, as soon as possible.

46 Comments

1. Ugh. This sucks. One of my favorite bands, if not my #1, and one I hadn’t been able to see live yet. Never happening now, I suppose. I guess I could see getting another singer, but in my mind, there is no replacing Ben. Good luck to Ben in whatever he does after this, and good luck to Drop and the rest of the band. I will miss Sybreed, but at least I have all the awesome albums that they put out. Definitely going to keep following Drop and his endeavors. But, I guess that’s life. Time to jam ‘Lucifer Effect’ and crank it to 11.

2. I’ve only been a fan for a year ,I’m sad to hear I won’t be able to see you live. Good luck to Ben and hope you guys decide to carry on.

3. This is the most depressing thing i’ve heard in awhile. Maybe consider doing some more remixes, like Eon, or do some kind of side project with Celldweller, that could be awesome.

4. Guys… So sad. Thanks for the awesome unique music. And I hope it not the end.
    from Ukraine with love \m/

5. My heart is broken….just broken.

6. ah man… where do i start. i’v been listening Sybreed since the first album and i don’t think i’v found anything even close to the feeling what im getting when i listen to Sybreed. i was so happy when i found out that Sybreed is coming to Finland and to my home town. you know the feeling when you are getting to see the best band you know for the first time live. but meh… it didn’t happend… never went to the show (soilwork and keep of kalesin) becouse i was so upset… and i don’t have to words to descripe how im still feeling. and i know the band is doing exactly whats best for them right now and Sybreed really isn’t Sybreed without Benjamins voice.

i hope someday i will get to see Sybreed and hopefully at my home town :)

lets wait till Benjamin is ready and im sure if that happends, there will be alot new aspects that hes implanting in Sybreeds songs.

7. I wish you all the best guys!
    Your art is unique and will remain forever in my heart..
    Thank you very, very much!

8. There’s only one song that describes how i felt about this when i heard this… From Zero to Nothing. Q_Q

9. Man that is terrible news for a big fan but life turns out like that sometimes. On a good note thanks for the music that got me through so many days of my life as i am sure u have had the same experience with other bands. I hope u guys can stay friends and have open minds to one another through the future. Thanks for 4 of the best albums ive ever heard and will always continue to listen to.

10. I know I should write some endearing words of support as well as thank you for your incredible contributions to metal but the truth is I’m livid pissed off and feeling somewhat selfish at the moment. Fuck you to who ever or whatever person or circumstance led to the demise of the greatest band I have ever heard.

11. This is ridiculous…

12. hopefully my lame words will be justified.

13. Life unfulfilled = no Sybreed

14. I am so very sorry about this but I truly understand. Life gives us many paths to take with many twists and turns within roads we never knew existed. I want to thank you guys for giving me something I would have never had without you. Your music is amazing and I will charish it for as long as I live. I’ve never heard a band like Sybreed and I feel blessed I had a chance to experience what you had to offer. Thank you for doing what you love to do and allowing us to live it with you. I wish nothing but the best for all of you.

15. Ok, no point in continuing this masquerade called life any longer .. Good bye from me.

16. All i can say is good luck Ben on your future ventures. First time i saw Sybreed live in San Antonio Tx with Threat Signal , i was a loyal fan ever sence. Music for me wont be the same without Sybreed… Feels like i,ve lost a best friend.

SYBREeD FOREVer……

17. I´am really sad for this news. I think that Benjamin is one of the most talented and excelent singers in this moment in the world with respect to the Metal music. I hope that He can find the way between all their predicaments.I´am really sad for this news. I think that Benjamin is one of the most talentous and excelent singer in this moment in the world with respect to the Metal music.

18. I hope it not the end. Sybreed is unique piece of art, that have to live no matter what. Its not only about band members, its about all of fans, who, like me, was waiting on every sybreeds creation with a heartbeat!!! We all waiting to hear again from you, as thereof, you have no right to not exist!!!!

19. Thanks for making such awesome music and all the best in your future endeavours.

20. Sad to hear! :( Sybreed is the best industrial metal band! You also introduced me to that genre :) Best of luck to you all!

/Jim

21. This is really sad news … Sybreed always was one of my favorite band, and I hoped I could see them live in Paris one day. I hope you’ll find a way to continue, somehow …

22. WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!! WAF!!!!!!!!!!!

Is a bad day today…WAF!

23. Ok, I feel utterly helpless!! You guys have been to me since I discover your band three years ago, a very important part of my recovering process as an addict. I’m a recovering heroin addict for the past 10 years and I’ve been in and out of Rehab for the past 6. It hasn’t been easy for me and to tell you the truth, I believe that I’m still alive because of my extreme devotion,commitment and love to Metal music. You see, I discovered Metal when I was only 8 years old and was instantly hooked since then and will always will ’till the day I die!!
    When one of my close neighbors invited me to his crib to listen to some metal like we normally and regularly did on the weekends, he introduced me to SYBREED for the first time and let me tell you the truth…It was a life changing experience!! It felt like that first weed,coke,ecstasy,special K, mushroom, speed,crack,crystal meth,angel dust,LSD,codeine, heroin high, all together in just one big estimulation…I’m not overreacting!! That’s the way it felt. Every time I listen to Sybreed is like an eternal ejaculation for me.That’s how much obsessed I am with you guys. You have given me as a band, a new beginning and a new hope to continue fighting with my disease. These news about Benjamin hit me like a ton of bricks and don’t get me wrong, I always thought that if he ever quit, it was going to be imposible to find a replacement like him,but at the same time, I started analyzing how much of an influence “Drop” represents to the band also. I’m willing to mourn Benjamin’s departure but I will never overcome SYBREED disbanding for good!! No no no!! Take a break,do whatever you have to do but, you guys still have a long way to go since I truly believe that you’re the most underrated bands in the world and the moment to hit it BIG is yet to come guys!! Drop, please, don’t stop the SYBREED machine yet, it’s not time. For the sake of me and all the other fans around the world, Overcome this difficult period and move on…. We’re all counting on you

I’m from a third world country island in the caribbean called DOMINICAN REPUBLIC and you have thousands of people that you as a band represent a very, if not the best, important part of our lives!!! We will always love you guys…”till death do us part!
    METAL BROTHERS UNITE!!

24. I do not believe, the best band you’ve ever heard in my life, just wtf

25. dude another year and this band would of been huge
    , like korn huge

• Yep- totally agree. As much potential as bands like Trivium, FF and even Opeth. PLEASE consider returning Ben \\m//

26. :O(

i am sad….

*in the cold light* ….

27. Very, Very sorry to hear this news; I understand keeping the nature of this event private; all I can say is, my best wishes to Ben, and my best to Drop, Kevin and Ales; This has got to be a horrible time for everyone involved, so, small consolation though it may be for you gentlemen, at least know that your recorded legacy is secure. As I type this, I’m Infuriating but also hopefully enlightening my neighbors with Antares.

Thank you all for a decade of wonderful music; you are basically my realtime soundtrack for life, and I hope everyone makes it through this time alright.

28. Your work is been amazing till now, it can’t finish so soon!
    with sandness i read this post, and i really hope to see you soon guys!

29. WHYYY??????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

30. Noooo! Just when I started to really fall deeply in love with your music…

31. I can’t believe it… For the first time I got to hear you guys in February 2013, and I was never to attend your live performance… I checked your tours and hoped you’d come to Ukraine, but now this will never happen…

32. :(

33. hope everything works out and ben comes back to the band in some time… if not i would like to offer my services to sing if and when you choose to come back.

34. I haven’t been a fan of Sybreed for very long (only just heard about the band perhaps a year ago), but you guys quickly became one of my all time favorite bands. Every single one of your albums is extremely good, and you had a unique sound and character to your music. When I found out that Benjamin would be leaving, my heart jumped, like finding out a loved one had been in a car accident. This news is genuinely depressing to me, as even in this short amount of time, I have grown quite attached to your music, and even though I own all of your albums, and have listened to them all probably hundreds of times, it’s not enough, I crave more. But now that is not to be. I want to thank Sybreed from the bottom of my heart for making such memorable and incredible music, and wish every member of the band all the best. I hope that whatever reasons that lead Benjamin to this decision isn’t too dire, and that everything is ok with him. Take care, and I hope to see you guys again, perhaps in other projects. DON’T DISAPPEAR! Cheers, and thanks again! – Rick

35. Fuck, I`ve always wanted to see you brothers of metal live, especially with one of my other favourite band Soilwork. Benjamin is a great singer but don`t you fucking quit Sybreed because of him leaving the band. It would leave a big scar in industrial metal scene. U`ll figure this out \m/

36. Well that killed me.
    Now I’m dead :c.

37. Devistated, though I hope this doesnt spell the end for Sybreed. Saw you guys in Australia, and will never forget how awesome that experience was. Take care hope to see you all in the near future tearing it up!

38. sad thing to read )=

39. Benjamin youre an awesome singer and performer- adore all your work! Thanks for giving metal fans something so special :-) ) best wishes Ben \\m//

40. Very very sad indeed :-( ( Sybreed are the leaders of cyber metal- very special band- no other band like them. Take some time off to relax and clear your heads guys. Hope Sybreed will reform again someday \\m//

41. We love you so much…

42. Just learnt of this awful bit of news this morning via Facebook; I do sincerely hope that both Sybreed & Benjamin Nominet are able to go on to future projects whether going solo or otherwise regardless of whatever issues that have occurred (do correct me if I got the news the wrong way around as I’m NOT very good with doing comments)

I happened to have discovered the Antares album by chance in an HMV in Manchester around 2008/2009 & since then I’ve been hooked; so I wish for the band & to Benjamin great success should either of you decide to pursue other musical paths.

43. Good luck, please continue this genre you created. There is nothing like Sybreed. Please keep making music :*(

44. Damn pity. Now I have to sell our cards for SOILWORK and SYBREED. :-( We would have taken the long trip at normal working days for BOTH bands, but not for Soilwork alone.

Keep your heads up. I hope for better days for SYBREED to come, hoping that you can find another appropriate singer. I’m really gonna miss Ben, though.

\m/ (ò_ó ) \m/
    Manu

45. Sad news indeed. Sybreed was the new Samael and one of my new hard to find favorite bands. Hope all is well and we will hear from you soon.